Terms & Conditions Firewood Direct to Customers
These Terms and Conditions apply to your use of the CoziLogs website and every order placed with CoziLogs. We’re passionate about our customers and making sure that you’re happy and so the following sets out the terms and conditions that apply to your order in what we hope is a straight-forward and customer friendly way.
Our Contract with you
When you place an order, you are offering to buy the product(s) from us and we will send you an order acknowledgement. However, your order will only be accepted by us once your product(s) have been delivered to you. Until then we can decline to supply the goods – we will try to ensure that this never happens but we do, however, reserve the right not to fulfill your order for any reason if, for example, we have made an error on the price or similar or we simply can’t get hold of the product you need. In the event of these circumstances we will refund you any price you’ve paid to us. Please note that we reserve the right not to accept an order for any reason and we won’t be liable to you or anyone else in these circumstances.
We complete lots of deliveries a week and so we have to rely on a computer system for our stock control. Computers are better than people at this stuff but even they occasionally get it wrong. If we get this wrong we will tell you as soon as we know and we will try to sort it out for you.
The images of the products on our website are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that a device’s display of the colours accurately reflects the colour of the products. Your product may vary slightly from those images. The packaging of the product may vary from that shown in images on our website. Being a natural product, there will be natural variations, but the parameters of each product’s specification are clearly shown on the website and may periodically be reviewed and amended by us.
All UK Mainland deliveries will be despatched to our 3rd party distributor the working day before the chosen delivery day. Our standard service is our customers can choose their delivery day. Please note this is AN ALL DAY DELIVERY SLOT. You will be sent a tracking code to check an estimated arrival but this should not be treated as 100% confirmed.
All Pallet Network Deliveries take place using a tail lift 18tonne lorry with a hand pump truck. PLEASE NOTE: There are No crane facilities. If a smaller 7.5tonne lorry is required please request this when placing your order.
Delivery is free on orders over £100.00 when delivered via our national delivery network within England and Wales.
- We offer a kerbside delivery service only.
- The driver is not authorised to carry goods up or down steps or through a property.
- The delivery driver will be able to wheel the pallet with a pallet truck as far as possible, but is not able to remove goods from the pallet or take the pallet away.
- Whilst our drivers are instructed not to take their vehicle off the roadway to make deliveries, our driver will make every effort with your delivery to meet your requirements.
- If you require the driver to leave the roadway, it will be at your own risk.
Delivery drivers are not expected to manoeuvre the pallet beyond the rear of the vehicle, but will risk assess each delivery and always be as helpful as possible where conditions allow.
Orders are dispatched the working day before your chosen delivery day. Therefore you can cancel your order with no charges anytime 2 working days prior to delivery. For example if today is Monday and you choose Thursday, the order can be cancelled without charge up to midnight Tuesday.
If you cancel the order once it has been dispatched, there will be a charge of £49.00.
In the event of you agreeing to delivery and not being at home to accept it, a re-delivery charge of £35.00 per pallet will be applied.
In the event of a delivery having restricted access, the delivery may have to be left “kerbside”.
In the event of a delivery not being possible on the day due to restricted access, and a smaller delivery vehicle is required to re-deliver successfully, a re-delivery charge of £65.00 will be applied.
All goods must be checked on arrival and delivery paperwork signed unless a prior agreement has been made with the delivery company to leave the goods in a specified safe place at the property, at which point the goods will be left at the customer’s own risk. This must be notified on order and there is a notes section on the order page for this.
Once the product has been delivered it automatically becomes the property of the purchaser, including the delivery pallet.
Any delivery issues must be reported within 24hrs by emailing [email protected].
Things Beyond Our Control
We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under these terms that is caused by events outside our reasonable control. Such events include any act, non-occurrence, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes, in particular (without limitation), the following:
strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action; civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack threat of attack, war (whether declared not) preparation for war;
Fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster or adverse weather; or
Impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport; or
Impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks
Our obligations under these terms are suspended for the period that such event continues and we will have an extension of time to perform these obligations for the duration of that period. We will take reasonable steps to bring the event to a close or to find a solution by which our obligations under these terms can be performed despite the event.
Our Liability to You
Here at CoziLogs, we strive to deliver a great service to every customer. We also like to be honest and fair in all we do, so we acknowledge that sometimes mistakes happen. If a circumstance arises where we are accountable for a mistake, we want to ensure that we take full responsibility.
We are not liable for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption or business opportunity.
We do not exclude liability for the following heads of loss:
- Death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors.
- Fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Breach of the terms implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (title and quiet possession).
- Breach of the terms implied by sections 13, 14 and 15 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (description, satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and samples).
- Defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
Any customer reviews of the products we sell are the opinions of our customers and do not form part of the specification or description of the product. We shall not be liable if any of the information contained in a customer review proves inaccurate.
You acknowledge and agree that:
The copyright in the photos, videos, data and text used on our website belongs to us or our suppliers and the general look and feel and format of our website belongs to us. You are permitted to use this material only as expressly authorised by us or our suppliers.
We are entitled to change or amend our website without giving you notice (but the terms and conditions applicable when you placed your order will continue to apply to those products).
You won’t be surprised to learn that you can pay with more or less any type of credit/debit card. This includes Maestro, Delta, MasterCard, American Express or Visa card and we do all we can to ensure your details are secure. We also accept PayPal on all online orders, and this doesn’t cost you any extra. If there are any problems with receiving payment we’ll let you know.
Your rights to end the contract
Your rights when you end the contract will depend on what you have bought, whether there is anything wrong with it, how we are performing, when you decide to end the contract and whether you are a consumer or business customer. If you are a consumer then for products bought online you have a legal right to change your mind within 14 days of receiving the goods and receive a refund.
You may be able to get a refund if you are within the cooling-off period, but this may be subject to deductions and you will have to pay the costs of return of any goods.
If you are ending a contract for a reason set out below the contract will end immediately and we will refund you in full for any products which have not been provided and you may also be entitled to compensation. The reasons are:
- the products do not meet specifications shown on our website at time of order. In this instance we offer a Money Back Guarantee and shall arrange for the collection of the goods at our own costs and a full refund;
- we have told you about an error in the price or description of the product you have ordered and you do not wish to proceed;
- there is a risk supply of the products may be significantly delayed because of events outside our control;
- we have suspended supply of the products for technical reasons, or notify you we are going to suspend them for technical reasons, in each case for a period of more than one month; or
- you have a legal right to end the contract because of something we have done wrong.
- Even if we are not at fault and you are not a consumer who has a right to change their mind, you can still end the contract before it is completed, but you may have to pay us compensation.
- If you want to end a contract before it is completed where we are not at fault and you are not a consumer who has changed their mind, just contact us to let us know. The contract will end immediately and we will refund any sums paid by you for products not provided but we may deduct from that refund reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your ending the contract
How to end the contract with us (including if you are a consumer who has changed their mind)
- To end the contract with us, please let us know by doing one of the following:
- Call customer services on 01905 954736 or email: [email protected]
- Please provide your name, home address, details of the order and, where available, your phone number and email address.
- Email or write to us at the address above , including details of what you bought, your order number, when you ordered or received it and your name and address. We suggest you ring first to discuss the issue.
- If you end the contract for any reason after products have been dispatched to you or you have received them, you must return them to us. You must either return the goods in person to where you bought them or allow us to collect them from you. Please call customer services on 01905 954736 or email us at [email protected] for a return label or to arrange collection.
We will pay the costs of return:
- if the products are faulty or mis-described; or
- if you are ending the contract because we have told you of an upcoming change to the product or these terms, an error in pricing or description, a delay in delivery due to events outside our control or because you have a legal right to do so as a result of something we have done wrong; In all other circumstances (including where you are a consumer exercising your right to change your mind) you must pay the costs of return which is circa £45 per pallet
- If you are responsible for the costs of return and we are collecting the product from you, we will charge you the direct cost to us of collection.
- If you are entitled to a refund under these terms we will refund you the price you paid for the products including delivery costs, by the method you used for payment. However, we may make deductions from the price, as described below.
- We will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible and in any event within 14 days of your telling us you have changed your mind
- Our rights to end the contract
- We may end the contract for a product at any time by writing to you if:
- you do not make any payment to us when it is due and you still do not make payment within 7 days of us reminding you that payment is due; or you do not, within a reasonable time, allow us to deliver the products to you or collect them from us.
- We may write to you to let you know that we are going to stop providing the product. We will let you know at least 7 days in advance of our stopping the supply of the product and will refund any sums you have paid in advance for products which will not be provided.
How We May Use Your Personal Information
We will use the personal information you provide to us to:
Supply and deliver the products. Process your payment for such products. Inform you about similar products or services that we provide, but you may stop receiving these at any time by contacting us.
You agree that we may pass your personal information to our delivery agents or credit reference/fraud preventions agencies and that they may keep a record of any search that they do. We will not give your personal data to any other third party without your consent.
Telephone calls may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes.
If you attempt to make payment but there is an error or delay in processing, we may use this information submitted to contact you to complete your order.
The contract made between us and all our and your rights and obligations shall be governed by English law and any disputes arising under it shall be heard in the English courts.
If you require any further information please contact us at: [email protected]